Saturday, June 9, 2007

Slacker, slacker

I know I haven't come through on the photos, but what can I say? I've been a bit over whelmed. I would love for this to be a blog that is updated daily with photos and quips and information, but srsly, this deadline is looming in a big way. And if my priorities are really family/life/work, then blogging about those things is going to be the least of my worries when things are nuts. I don't have to have the most spiffilicious craft blog on the planet. It's mainly for my own records anyway.

I've been crocheting at least 6 hours a day for the last week. The projects I'm making for the book are very time consuming. I'm so very pleased with how they are turning out, but man are they taking a long time. I'm leaving the afghan for last, not because it's the biggest project, but because it's on a large hook and should go faster than the smaller projects I have planned that require construction time, too.

The bathmat is done. I have to weave in 2 ends and that's it. I've started on the pillows, and they are the project that is taking so much longer than I had planned that I'm getting nervous. But I am making progress and I'm hoping that by the time I run out of the yarn I have, the yarn Brown Sheep is sending me will have arrived.

I know I've gushed about it on my LJ, but allow me to gush here, too: Yarn companies? Are sending me yarn. For free! To use for the projects I'm making for the books! That little lesson was the best thing I heard at TNNA. Yay, yarn for free! Patons, Brown Sheep, and Cascade are all graciously providing yarn. So, go buy lots from them for supporting designers!

Anyway, enough for now. Back to hooking.

1 comment:

Wannabe said...

Wait. Srsly. 6 HOURS a day. OMG. Jealousy.