Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Who has got the button?!

Buttons are crazy expensive. $3.50 doesn't sound bad until you need 9 of them. I tried contacting a wholesaler even and that was only slightly better, because they have better buttons, so their wholesale prices were about as much as the plastic round ones at Joanns anyway. I wish I'd know this when I was in college, because I would have taken some classes in button design and manufacture. (I don't know that Smith offered it, but maybe I could have found it at UMass through the 5-college exchange?)

I found some yesterday at Fiber Factory that are smaller than I wanted, but will work in a pinch. I wish the wire crochet buttons I attempted would work, but like Jenny said, when the wire is thin enough to work with, it's not durable enough to hold it's shape. I'm still thinking of getting some round, flats in the wood department of Michael's and having Adam drill holes in them for me. A layer of spray sealer and voila--button!

The nonstop work on the projects caused a bit of tendonitis or bursitis or just general wrist pain the other day, and I had to go get a wrist splint. I've been taking it slower and it seems to have left me for now. I need to get cracking, though.

I remembered to take Kai to her class yesterday. I had to speak with the TA afterward, because apparently, she just had melt-down after melt-down the whole time. Her cousin was in the class with her, and I drove her home for my SIL, and the whole way, she was telling me in great detail what Kai had done wrong and I couldn't get her to stop. By the time we dropped her off, Kai was feeling pretty low, and I spent the rest of the day pumping her up again. I thought she was cool again, until she wandered out of her room after bedtime and I sent her back telling her we'd had a great day and it was time for bed, and she turned around and said, "Mom. I had an awful time today." *sigh* Being 4 is hard.

1 comment:

Michellefinaz said...

Poor kiddo. She just isn't used to a big class setting, that takes time. I've been having major problems with Jared tattling lately. Kai is a great kid, hopefully she'll have fun by the end of the session.

Hope your wrist is feeling better.