Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Directionless

My knitting has been kind of flaily over the last few days. We've had so many people come check in on Adam that I started picking up my Fiber Trends dishcloth and working on it while we chatted. The pattern is easily memorized, so it was fairly mindless. I wasn't really into the pattern, though, and it took me 5 or 6 days to finish the one cloth. And really, I need to invest 5 minutes in the finish work for it to be really done.

I finished a dishcloth for the Just Dishcloths list at knit club on Saturday.

I'd like to get a jump on Christmas projects. And I'd like to plow through my bulky yarns. And I need to get my head in the proper space to send in an afghan proposal, but I'm not quite there yet and my wrist is still recovering from the Month Of Constant Crochet. And I really, desperately want to make something for myself.

I have the misti alpaca chunky from Linda and I cast on about 5 times for the Ribs and Ruffles Scarf, but I wanted it wider and longer. Ok, yarn-wise as I have twice the yarn it calls for, but I wanted to modify the ruffles at the beginning so they were a bit looser and I couldn't get the math right and I want MINDLESS WORK.

So, I pulled out One Skein and I think I'm going to try the Single Cable Scarf using the chunky and size 13 needles. It's a really, REALLY narrow scarf in the yarn it calls for, and I'm hoping the chunky/13 combo will pump it up to at least 5 inches across. If so, I'm just going to knit until both hanks are used up and maybe by then I'll be ready to swing back into the land of the creative and responsible, but not yet. Mindless is the name of the game for a little while longer yet.

1 comment:

Wannabe said...

Okay how weird is it that I pulled out my red Misti Alpaca Chunky last night with the Impressionist Cable pattern from TYF and thought....hmmm...maybe I'll work on this.