Sunday, July 1, 2007

Yet more progress.

So, long time, no post. I've been working hard on getting my projects done so I can get them in the mail. I think that 3 of the pattern sets and the FOs will be ready to ship off by Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest. That will leave me to devote my full attention to the final project. I'm still ok on time. I may be mailing it from our Disneyland trip after finishing it on the drive over, but I am still ok on time.

This afternoon, I checked to make sure my assembly concept for the pillows was sound. And it was. So, thank heavens for small miracles! I didn't actually get to assemble them, I just know now that what I was planning to do is a-ok and can stop worrying about it. So, I turned my full attention to weaving in ends. *snore* 3 hours later, and I'm about 2/3rds done. There are a lot of ends to weave in. A lot. Like, over 250. Not all on one item, mind, but still. Normally, I'd just work over them, to be honest, but some of the color contrasts were too much and I wanted to make sure that the ends were well and truly on the wrong side of the work.

So, it's all moving along.

If anyone out there has been meaning to join my new and spangly chatter-free dishcloth lists, now is the time. July 8th will be the day we start our first knit cloth, and July 22nd will be the crochet cloth. Check it out:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JustDishcloths/

The only posts allowed on the group will be when I send out the pattern bits. No forwarded jokes, yarn reviews, OMGWALMARTISN'TSELLINGYARN panic letters, or "I'M DONE!" emails.

Just. Dishcloths. Says it right there in the name. Join up. You know you want to.

I got my handy-dandy list of TNNA retailers in the mail the other day and found 2 shops I didn't know existed in two towns I was already planning on visiting while back to see family next month. One is in Shelburne Falls and the other in Sturbridge. I don't know if we'll make it to the one in Sturbridge, because if I remember correctly, Old Sturbridge Village is a bit removed from the town itself and I'm not sure the kids will want to go after walking around in 1780 all day, but I really hope to make it to the one in Shelburne Falls. That, plus Webs and the new shop in Greenfield that Mom is in love with, and I should have my yarn needs well and truly met on this trip. Especially since I'm no-yarn-fo-a-yearing. *ahem*

Also, there is a store in Brewster out on the Cape called "Town-Ho Needleworks." Hi-lar-i-ous.

3 comments:

søren said...

is that the brand new yarn store in shelburne falls? I haven't been there yet. but i do love the greenfield store.

WHY is that store called Town Ho??? Is that some kind of pun that I'm missing?

Spiff said...

It must be! I didn't know there was ANY store up there at all!

I'm guessing the name is a play on the "hooker" term for crocheters. Or, it's owned by a prostitute. I dunno!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the dishcloth so far - all done with days 1 and 2 ..... ready for more.

: )