Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I'm not a slacker! I swear!

Ok, it's been a few days. I think the whole camera-exploding thing threw me off. And now, I'm having a really difficult time figuring out how to get good shots from our new camera, so I've been spending a lot of time fighting with that. But I've still been knitting and crocheting.

I started and finished a Fat Bottom Bag from The Happy Hooker, designed by Julie Holetz. Click her name and you'll see her website, which opens with a photo of the bag. But mine is made in a totally different yarn, in the "gold bag" style from the book and I can't wait to get a decent shot of it to share, because I luuuuurve it.

Also, I've decided to work through my scrap box and make up some stuff for charity. I started crocheting a hat, ran out of yarn, frogged it, started again with a larger hook because it was so stiff anyway, ran out again, frogged it, and then knit it. I finished it last night while watching a TiVoed 24 and had 1 yard to spare. *phew* Then I cast on for a baby hat and should finish that today.

But REALLY my goal for today is to figure out where in my house/yard I can get proper lighting to make the new camera happy so I can get photos of all those FOs and get the shots I need to relaunch This Is Spiffy!, since that was supposed to happen days ago.

Oh, and also, Crochet Me went live the other day and the response to my Reduction Tote has been so positive and encouraging. Thanks, everyone, for all the warm fuzzies.

Ok, off to fight with the camera!

1 comment:

Michellefinaz said...

no fighting with the camera, it will just take some time and I am happy to show you if you'd like. We should have a mini get together. I'm pretty much free whenever.