Monday, April 9, 2007

*Yawn*

Well, it almost didn't happen. I have been struggling with a sore throat and/or allergies for the last couple of days. (I'm still not sure if it's a different reaction to seasonal allergies than I've had in the past or if it's a virus of some sort.) I was going to pack it in and not worry about getting the linings in and focus on projects that were mindless and repetitive. Productive yes, but not anything that would be finished in time for the end of the knitathon tomorrow.

Well, I bit the bullet. I did all the handsewing this evening to attach the linings in the ipod cozies/pouches and the 8-cable bag. Cue the trumptets, because that means 11 finished objects! Can I get a w00t?

That still leaves 7 other projects needing to be finished, but when you're starting with 18 that's some pretty awesome progress. My little UFO cubbies are looking very spartan.

I will try to get some photos up tomorrow. We have a spangly, new digital camera and I don't quite have it figured out yet, but I will try!

Looking forward, I'm going to use some linen I got in a swap to try and get some shears knit up for the kitchen window. I think there is a pattern in Mason Dixon Knitting (maybe?) for some shears with random yarn-overs that looked interesting. I don't have the book, though, and I don't think I'd really need it to knit a couple of rectangles with random yarn overs, so I'm just going to wing it and see what happens. I'd also like to start in on a lace project from Victorian Lace Today. And I have a pair of wrist warmers I want to make, but I'm waiting on the yarn. (I bought a skein on vacation, realized it wouldn't be enough, so used a gift certificate from Webs to get another skein. All completely kosher with my NYFAY rules, right? Right?!)

The NYFAY community on LiveJournal is talking about making May a UFO busting month, so I need to get more stuff I want to do on the needles. Cheating? Moi?

2 comments:

Wannabe said...

Yo, you can borrow my Mason-Dixon. It's a really cute pattern. Now I know you're going to bring some of these things for us to ooo and ahhh over on Thursday right? All your finished stuff that is.

Spiff said...

I shall bring some token examples, but you've seen how insanely full my knitting bag has been lately. Also, I don't want you to see how crappy my linings were on some of the iPod cozies. The bag a came out pretty well, though!