Friday, March 23, 2007

Is my seam showing?

As promised, a shot of my first invisible seem:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(No, you don't need glasses. That's just one heck of a fuzzy shot.)

Can you believe it? There is no possible way you could tell where that sucker is.

Ok, well, the color change gives it away, I 'spose. Ahem.

You have to wait until the lining is in to see a photo of the whole thing. Suffice it to say that it is awesome.

Knit club was good last night. It was just Linda and I, because Debi had a conflict and Amanda's husband is a putz. He's all like, "I need to work for a living," and stuff like that. Psh. Whatever, dude.

We only stayed until about 7:45 and then took off to deal with errands. I resisted the urge to swing through Half Price Books as I usually do because, oh my gosh, I have so many books right now it's out of control. And with the coming rennovations, it's time to cull, not augment. I actually have a swap going on right now if anyone is interested. A lot of it is vintage stuff, some is more recent. I have tons more, but it's all in storage and it was some of the first stuff I packed up, so I won't be able to get at it again until the house is done.

I picked up one of the cabeled bags I'm designing and got back to work on it yesterday. Only I noticed that I'd been twisting two of the cables the wrong way throughout. And I wasn't sure if, after this long, my guage would be consistant anyway, so I just frogged the 18 rows I'd done and started over. By the time I went to bed last night, I had finished a full 24 row repeat. Only then I noticed that I hadn't mirrored the cables properly on either side of the piece and so now, today, I'm going to be dropping stitches and recrossing cables. Oh, heavens. I just had to do this a few weeks ago and now I've made the same mistake again. At least this time I know what I'm doing so hopefully I can redo all 8 crosses in less than an hour. I think I'm being very ambitious, though, considering the fact that our yard is a massive mud puddle and I can't send the kids out to play. In fact, I think trying to knit at all today will be an excercise in futility.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want to destash yarn and stuff, you might want to join http://destash.blogspot.com.

I have sold stuff on there with good results.

Wannabe said...

What Sarah said. They are actually closed for new people right now but should be up in a week or so.

Your invisible seam is soooo invisible. :) You must show me how you did it. After all I am going to make a garment for me...one of these days.

You will never guess what time the putz got home last night. 8 o'clock. Yes, 8. I was POed!

Spiff said...

Bah! They have frozen membership. And this blog isn't very old. But I will definitely keep an eye on them. Thanks!

Spiff said...

Whatta putz!!

He owes you knit clips.

Mel said...

Nice seam, really nice.I usually try to knit in the round so I can avoid them.