Monday, March 19, 2007

Weekend Progress

I was a productive little soul this weekend. My first FO to share is a hat made for a friend from knit club. Linda has been learning to crochet and this hat reared up and bit her on the hiney. So she loaded me up with yarn and Harmony Guides and asked me to make it for her. And, you know, for yarn and Harmony Guides, a girl will do just about anything.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The pattern is Crocheted Cloche with Tie from Vogue Knitting On the Go: Crocheted Hats. I liked this pattern. There is a mistake in it, though. In round 15 (16), they omitted a “ch1” before the “repeat from *.” Other than that, it was a very clearly written, beginner/intermediate pattern. I like how the designer worked the “headband” in to the pattern. The way the stitch pattern works, she just has you change colors for a row and the result is that it looks like you have a band woven in and out of the hat. Cute.

Made with Cascade 220 in a purple for the main color and a marled purple for the accent color. (I don’t have the ball bands, but it looks like the marled purple has been discontinued.) The color is very off in this shot. I took it under an ott light, but it looks more blue than purple in the photo. It took one skein each, but there is enough to make the same hat with the colors reversed. Or, it looks like enough to make a baby hat with the main color if you’re not in the mood to have two hats in reversed colors.

Unfortunately, this wasn’t on my UFO list, so no effect there. But it did give me one more for the FO list. w00t!

In addition to the cloche, I’m about 45 minutes away from finishing the baby sweater I posted about the other day. I just need to sew up the seams and attach the buttons. Also, the iPod cozies have all been seamed and are ready to be lined. I’m going to try and get all the things that need lining done and then do a sewing day and get them all done at the same time. So, most likely, the last two days of the UFO knit-a-thon will be a lining-a-thon.

2 comments:

Wannabe said...

And next you are making me a cravat because you love me.

Spiff said...

You gotta learn to crochet, sucka!