Monday, March 26, 2007

Woe is me. Just move on.

This was a craptastic weekend.

Ok, really, it wasn't all that bad. I just had a trio of sad things happen. And they're the sort of things where you think "wow, if that's all you have to worry about, your life must be pretty dandy." For example, the third shoe to fall was that one of the goldfish died in the night. Now, we expected this. We expect to go through a lot of fish in Kai's year long test to see if she's responsible enough to feed her fish before getting a mammal. Adam was up first and "took care of things" and we told the girls that Elmo went to visit a friend today and daddy is going to bring him home after work. Abby, however, is absolutely heartbroken at the thought that Elmo would leave for a day. She keeps breaking out in sobs and I hold her until it's all ok again and then she goes off to play until she remembers that Elmo went to play with someone else and she starts again. I wasn't sad until I saw how badly Abby's taking it. And she just thinks he's gone for a few hours. Good gracious. I'm glad we didn't try and explain death to her. That would have probably sent her into a coma from the grief.

Anyway, this is a craft blog, no? Time to update:

I spent all of knit club this week fixing the two miscrossed cables. I had my cocoa and my chocolate chip scone and then tackled that sucker and managed to finish and knit two rows before it was time to go. Amanda and I went to Paradise bakery afterward. Mmmm.... cookies...

Last night I finished a repeat and got halfway through the final repeat of the bag. Then I stoped because it was getting late and I ran out of yarn. I need to break out the swift and wind up some more. I have about 2 inches left and I'll be done with the other side. Then I need to sit down and graph out the cables for the straps. I want the strap to be wider at the base and decrease a bit toward the top of the bag and then stay that size until the other side where it will fatten back out to the bottom on the other side. That is the plan. I just need to figure out how that's going to work.

Other than the progress on the cable bag, I got a few more rows done on Kai's blankie. I worked on it after I first discovered the miscrossed cables, because I couldn't fix them just then, what with the children bouncing all over the place and all. (Thank goodness for knit club.) I've reached another pink section, so I know it's growing.

2 comments:

Wannabe said...

RIP Elmo. Or is it Nemo? :)

So what else happened?

Spiff said...

Well, my BFF in Arizona is probably moving to San Diego, but I'm not naming any names. ;-P

And yesterday they moved me from the class I've had for the last 2+ years to teach the 3-year olds instead. Me + 3-5 3-year olds alone in a room for 45 minutes is not a recipe for success.